Definición de conversation en inglés:
- In conversation we discuss the power of music to get us through those dark nights of the soul.
- We tried to talk to him a few times, but he was not interested in conversation.
- Marriage came up in conversation as I asked him if he would consider getting married.
In Latin conversare meant ‘to mix with people’. This is the source of conversation, which once meant ‘living among’ and ‘familiarity or intimacy’. The poet John Milton used the word in this latter sense when he refers in 1645 to ‘the good and peace of wedded conversation’. It could also at one time mean ‘sexual intercourse’, and criminal conversation was a legal term for adultery. The ‘talking’ sense dates from the late 16th century. See also chat
- Talk for the sake of politeness without having anything to say: we sat together, trying somewhat stiltedly to make conversationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Trying to create when you don't feel like it is like making conversation for the sake of making conversation.
- She politely started to make conversation and the trio were laughing within minutes.
- As I wait at the breakfast table, I attempt to make conversation with an elderly couple, but they don't speak English.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.