Definición de coot en inglés:
1 (plural igual) An aquatic bird of the rail family, with blackish plumage, lobed feet, and a bill that extends back on to the forehead as a horny shield.
- Genus Fulica, family Rallidae: several species, in particular the widespread F. atra, which has a white bill and frontal shield
- Other birds I saw near the pond were coot, moorhen, purple swamphen and a few Gray Wagtails walking around near the water.
- Of course, native birds such as the American coot, mallard, and Brewer's blackbird also used this valuable oasis.
- There are the usual species for this wetland habitat mallard, tufted duck, coot, wigeon, teal and mute swan.
2 (usually old coot) informal A stupid or eccentric person, typically an old man.
- I object to all preachy busybodies, including young coots like Roberts.
- That's why it's simply not wise for coots like me to look in a mirror.
- That's right, it was the CD release party for those lovable coots, The Scurvy Pirates.
Definición de coot en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary