Definición de coquet en inglés:
verbo[no object] rare
Behave flirtatiously; flirt: from the day I first met you I felt that you were coquetting with me figurative for a while he coquetted with engineering
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She loves Worthy, whom she pretends to dislike, and coquets with him for twelve months.
- Sharon's rich, sensuous voice coquets above the piano, the drums, the bass.
- He seems fond of coqueting with the House of Commons, and is perpetually calling the Speaker out to dance a minuet with him, before he begins.
sustantivodated Volver al principio
A man who flirts.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is nothing more likely to cure a coquet than a good, strong, durable passion.
- Though I saw plainly, by this address, that I had got in with a coquet, my presiding star was not a whit out of my good graces for involving me in this adventure.
- The greatest miracle of love is the reformation of a coquet.
Early 17th century (as adjective in sense 'amorous'): from French coqueter (see coquetry).
Definición de coquet en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda