sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormal enlargement of the right side of the heart as a result of disease of the lungs or the pulmonary blood vessels.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Without treatment, pulmonary hypertension can progress to cor pulmonale: right heart failure associated with pulmonary disease and pulmonary vascular disease in the absence of congenital heart disease or left sided heart disease.
- A 41-year-old man underwent a heart/lung transplant in February 1997 for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and cor pulmonale.
- Nevertheless she passed her exams effortlessly, was awarded a doctorate for her research into cor pulmonale arising from lung diseases in the black population, and went on to pursue a career in anatomical pathology.
mid 19th century: from Latin cor 'heart' and modern Latin pulmonalis (from Latin pulmo(n-) 'lung').
Más definiciones de cor pulmonaleDefinición de cor pulmonale en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.