Definición de cordial en inglés:
- I did so hope Dallas would give the Kennedys a warm and very cordial welcome.
- I am sure the delegates and the athletes will enjoy a friendly and cordial welcome from the people of Athy.
- Could I first of all say a very warm and cordial welcome to you, Mr Justham, and indeed to your colleagues.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Fruit cordials are the perfect drink for both formal and informal occasions.
- Swapping fizzy drinks, fruit juices and cordials for nice cold plain water can make a big difference to children's dental health.
- A knowledge of the properties of syrups at different concentrations and temperatures is basic to sugar boiling and confectionery, and they are also important in fruit preservation and in making soft drinks and cordials.
- And some of the best ingredients to work with are cordials, liqueurs and schnapps.
- They are also used as ingredients in sweet dishes, an extensive and important role shared with liqueurs, cordials, and eaux-de-vie.
- Heaven Hill markets more than 50 labels of bourbon, rye, scotch, vodka, gin, tequila, rum, cognac, wines and cordials.
- More likely, it had particular currency for a British public that had been besieged for years with outrageous claims for cure-all tonics, pills, oils, and cordials in the ubiquitous advertisements for patent medicines.
- Thorncroft's Detox Cordial helped quite a few sore heads and is a pleasant, thirst-quenching squash for summer.
- What I REALLY did was take three Nurofen and swig a mouthful of cordial.
The Latin word cordis meant ‘to do with the heart’, and this is the source and original meaning of cordial. It was not long before the adjective was being used to describe drinks as ‘comforting’ or ‘stimulating the heart’, and the core ‘heart’ meaning came to be applied to people too, in connection with actions or behaviour that seemed sincere and heartfelt—acting ‘from the heart’. The root, Latin cor ‘heart’, is the source of many words, including chord, discord (Middle English), and courage (Middle English). Heart itself came from the same ancient root.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Love cancels resentment, envy and jealousy and replaces them with kindness, forbearance and cordiality.
- Many patients who consulted Jung have testified to the cordiality, warmth, and courtesy with which they were received.
- But the mood was one of cordiality and personal warmth.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- All are cordially invited to attend the forthcoming launch of the eagerly awaited book outlining the first fifty years of Tramore AFC.
- This message is just to invite any of the public who wish to attend the lecture/seminar and to cordially invite all members of Rathkeeland House for the talk.
- When the interview is over, we part ways cordially.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.