- 1Denoting or relating to the highest class or standard of quality in cookery: a cordon bleu chefMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When you're a cordon bleu chef and you need fresh lavender, you grow it yourself instead of buying it in the farmers' market, because sometimes they don't have fresh lavender or they have old lavender which they pass off as fresh.
- This book is definitely not for the cordon bleu chef.
- You don't hire a cordon bleu chef to run a sandwich bar!
- 1.1 [postpositive] Denoting a dish consisting of an escalope of veal or chicken rolled, filled with cheese and ham, and then fried in breadcrumbs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They include crab cakes, Reuben tarts, vegetable spring rolls, shrimp quiches, and smoked chicken cordon bleu appetizers, all of which can be cooked at the same time.
- During lunch hours, an economic alternative to ribs is the NT $250 set menu offering soup, a choice of bacon mashed potato balls, seafood penne, chicken cordon bleu or a rib quesadilla with coffee or tea.
- The burger choices include mushroom, schnitzel, onion, chicken cordon bleu, Sicilian (with basil sauce), veggie, and roasted pepper.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 2 (cordon-bleu or cordon-bleu finch) An African waxbill that is popular as a cage bird. The male has a blue face, breast, and tail, a brown back, and a red bill.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Uraeginthus, family Estrildidae: three species
- Unlike other species of waxbill, such as cordon-bleus or goldbreasts, which usually fly straight in and out of their nests, the black-rumped still tends to put great store in its tunnel entrance.
- Done in this fashion I have found it particularly enjoyed by red-cheeked and blue-headed cordon-bleus as well as purple grenadiers.
- The first Gambian bird I saw was pied crow, rapidly followed by small flocks of red-cheeked cordon-bleu finches.
mid 18th century (as a noun, often specifically denoting a first-class cook): French, literally 'blue ribbon'. The blue ribbon once signified the highest order of chivalry in the reign of the Bourbon kings.
Más definiciones de cordon bleuDefinición de cordon bleu en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.