Definición de cornea en inglés:
- The limbus is the thin area that connects the cornea and the sclera, the white part of the eye.
- Organs currently in demand for transplantation include the heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, intestines, and pancreas; tissues include corneas, heart valves, blood vessels, skin, and bone.
- Corneal transplants are performed for people who have damaged or opaque corneas (the outer layer of the eye).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unlike eyelid or conjunctival involvement, corneal involvement can result in significant vision loss.
- It is important to identify and remove conjunctival and corneal foreign bodies.
- In the pipeline are many other applications, including vascular, pancreatic, and corneal repair.
horn from Old English:
The word horn is related to corn ‘a painful area of thickened skin’, and cornea (Late Middle English) through its ancestor Latin cornu ‘horn’. In to draw (or pull) in your horns, ‘to become less assertive or ambitious’, the image is of a snail drawing in its eyestalks and retreating into its shell when disturbed. See dilemma
Palabras que riman con corneaCalifornia
Definición de cornea en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.