- Horn-like; horny: the skeleton is formed of a corneous substanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This termination may be further modified by a covering of corneous material which appears black or dark brown even in the fossil record.
- In these animals, lipids are deposited into spaces between cells, where they become organized into distinct sandwiched layers within the epidermis's corneous tissues (consisting primarily of fibrous keratin proteins).
- During the final growth stage, the culture is exposed to air to promote the formation of a corneous layer - similar to the upper layer of human skin.
mid 17th century: from Latin corneus (from cornu 'horn') + -ous.
Más definiciones de corneousDefinición de corneous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.