1An important quality or feature on which a particular thing depends or is based: a national minimum wage remained the cornerstone of policy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yoga will continue to remain an important cornerstone, but I really need to make more time for weight training.
- Despite their adolescence, it is on these countries that the United States depends as a cornerstone of its energy policy.
- Wong's structure will not provide shade but a vision that represents three important cornerstones of our university community: students, businesses and faculty.
foundation, basis, keystone, mainspring, mainstay, linchpin, bedrock, fundament, base, key, fundamental principle, main ingredient, central component, centrepiece, core, heart, centre, focus, crux, prop, backbone, anchor
2A stone that forms the base of a corner of a building, joining two walls.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These are cornerstones, flint stones, millstones, limestone, and milestones.
- A stone is also symbolic of eternity, like the cornerstone of a building, placed to last for all time.
- Usually, I touch the cornerstones on the buildings, but Aunt Issa had said men would know I am a child from my hands and such a childish move.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: corner|stone
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda