Definición de cornu en inglés:
sustantivo (plural cornua /-njʊə/)Anatomy
1A horn-shaped projection of the thyroid cartilage or of certain bones (such as the hyoid and the coccyx).
- Further, they state that the inferior cornu of the thyroid cartilage is the best guide to the site of entry of the nerve into the larynx.
- The upper horns meet the back of the hyoid bone, while the inferior cornua are attached to the side of the cricoid, forming a pivotal joint.
2Either of the two lateral cavities of the womb, into which the fallopian tubes pass.
- The tumor formed a large fungating mass over the right posterior wall of the uterus, extending from the level of the right cornu to the endocervix, and laterally to the right broad ligament.
- The uterus measured 9.0 cm from fundus to cervix, 6.5 cm from cornu to cornu, and 3.0 cm from anterior to posterior.
late 17th century: from Latin, 'horn'.
- Example sentences
- Left cornual resection was carried out in the present case without immediate or long-term complication.
- The cornual implantation will have endometrium around it, the interstitial one will not.
- Early and accurate diagnosis of cornual ectopic pregnancy is critical, since rupture can cause sudden catastrophic bleeding.
Definición de cornu en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan