- 1Relating to or denoting the arteries which surround and supply the heart.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cause of coronary heart disease is a narrowing of the arteries that supply the heart with blood.
- The drug was most commonly prescribed to treat coronary artery disease and following coronary stent placement.
- Tests show that he has severe coronary artery disease and needs coronary by-pass surgery.
sustantivo (plural coronaries)Volver al principio
- short for coronary thrombosis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On a mass scale there never was a need for aspirin to prevent coronaries in people who had never had a heart attack.
- Many had high blood pressure with the risk of coronaries and there were a lot of ulcers.
- Nonetheless, the parents in the town were close to having coronaries and kept a close watch on their children, also enforcing an early curfew.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'resembling a crown'): from Latin coronarius, from corona 'wreath, crown'.
Más definiciones de coronaryDefinición de coronary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.