- The majority of creditors are large corporations and insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The applicant was the largest creditor of the corporation and substantially financed its incorporation.
- Multinational corporations have taken over the economy while being protected by the law.
- The Municipal Corporations Act of 1835 had given elected corporations to the large towns.
- Holland was ruled by the Regent corporations of the eighteen cities represented in the Holland States.
- Thirty-three years ago he even won a seat on the city corporation for one term at a time when the Tories were serious contenders for power in George Square.
Late Middle English: from late Latin corporatio(n-), from Latin corporare 'combine in one body' (see corporate).
midriff from Old English:
The second part of midriff is Old English hrif ‘belly’, which goes back to the same root as Latin corpus ‘body’, the source of many English words including corporation (Late Middle English), one of whose meanings is ‘a protruding abdomen’.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.