sustantivo[treated as singular or plural]
1The members of a ballet company who dance together as a group: Nikiya appears, accompanied by a corps de ballet and three soloists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At 31, O'Connor is in her fourteenth year as a member of the corps de ballet of American Ballet Theatre.
- Last evening the corps de ballet of the Royal Ballet did themselves, and the people who guide them, proud.
- Eifman succeeded in creating a company that could fulfill all of his ideas - not a classical corps de ballet where everyone dances in unison, but an ensemble of individuals.
1.1The members of the lowest rank of dancers in a ballet company.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He also plucked Lyn Tally from the corps de ballet to dance the principal role.
- In 1995, she became a member of the corps de ballet and in 1997 was promoted to soloist.
- She became a member of the corps de ballet in 1997, second soloist in 1999, and was immediately elevated to first soloist after her Onegin debut.
Early 19th century: French.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: corps de bal¦let
Definición de corps de ballet en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda