sustantivo (plural corpora /ˈkɔːpərə/ or corpuses)
- 1A collection of written texts, especially the entire works of a particular author or a body of writing on a particular subject: the Darwinian corpusMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The entire corpus of Modern English prose has grown up since, and been influenced by, the works of Tyndale and Coverdale, and during the formative period of the early translations there was little other widely available reading matter.
- This text is an important contribution to a growing corpus on a volatile subject that has generated studies in several disciplines.
- Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species was not a bolt from the blue: it fitted naturally into, as well as transcending, a corpus of writing on evolution.
- 1.1A collection of written or spoken material in machine-readable form, assembled for the purpose of linguistic research.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some linguists have collected large corpora of written or spoken samples of a language, their frequency lists and studies of data made easier by computational processing.
- To answer these questions, authentic learner data has been compared with native speaker data using computerized corpora and linguistic software tools to speed up the initial stage of the linguistic analysis.
- The major data source for the linguist is not a corpus of attested utterances but a native speaker's intuitions.
- 2 Anatomy The main body or mass of a structure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The right fallopian tube, right ovary, uterine corpus, and uterine cervix were all grossly unremarkable.
- Gastrin acts on the enterochromaffin-like cells in the gastric corpus to release histamine, which stimulates parietal cells to secrete acid.
- An estimated 36,100 cases of cancer of the uterine corpus, usually of the endometrium, were expected to be diagnosed in 2000.
- 2.1The central part of the stomach, between the fundus and the antrum.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The classical way anatomists divide the stomach (fundus, corpus, antrum, and pylorus) makes little sense in terms of motor function.
- The former includes the fundus and the rostral two-thirds of the corpus, while the latter constitutes the rest of the corpus, the antrum, and the pylorus.
- Within the stomach, the gastrostomy site should be in the middle to distal third of the corpus.
late Middle English (denoting a human or animal body): from Latin, literally 'body'. sense 1 dates from the early 18th century.