sustantivo (plural corpora lutea /ˈluːtɪə/)Anatomy
- A hormone-secreting structure that develops in an ovary after an ovum has been discharged but degenerates after a few days unless pregnancy has begun.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is generally believed that symptoms result from the waning hormone secretions from the ovaries as the corpus luteum begins to degenerate towards the end of the menstrual cycle.
- It is secreted by the corpus luteum during pregnancy and by the ovaries during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.
- In the corpora lutea of the ovary, whirls of long needles are most distinct.
late 18th century: from corpus and Latin luteum, neuter of luteus 'yellow'.
Más definiciones de corpus luteumDefinición de corpus luteum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.