Definición de corrosive en inglés:
Tending to cause corrosion: the corrosive effects of salt water
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Casein reportedly counters the effect of corrosive plaque acid from sugary foods and puts a protective film on teeth.
- The stomach lining is tough and handles acid well, but the acid has a corrosive effect on the lining of the esophagus, which is delicate and thin.
- Increasingly, this tidal wave seems to have had a more subtle and corrosive effect on coverage.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A corrosive substance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- That is an enormous range of substances and, as has already been pointed out, it includes explosives, corrosives, oxidising agents, reducing agents, caustic agents, and acidic agents - the works.
- We show them the many things that can be recycled here, ranging from car batteries and waste medicine to household corrosives as well as plastic, cardboard and paint.
- That would include corrosives used mainly for metalworking and some agricultural applications and flammables.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A director famed for creating self-consciously radical, wildly unconventional, corrosively satirical, and savagely violent works could do worse then take on board an actor who personifies those traits in his everyday life.
- Bloom's fame arose from the way he corrosively attacked universities for failing to open students' minds by exposing them to the philosophic quest for understanding that enriches the human spirit.
- Indecision corrosively blights a community and our residents deserve better.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A nuisance associated with hydrogen sulfide includes its corrosiveness to metals such as iron, steel, copper and brass.
- He slouches with disappointment and straightens with hope, matching Terri's corrosiveness with his own brand of compassion and burrowing into the female enclave of Terri's home with both tenderness and tenacity.
- Disadvantages include storage, corrosiveness, and fuel waste due to ‘crossover’ in the fuel-cell membrane.
Palabras que riman con corrosiveexplosive, implosive, plosive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda