sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hormone produced by the adrenal cortex. One of the glucocorticoids, it is also made synthetically for use as an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy agent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- People who are constantly under stress have a high level of hormones like cortisone and adrenalin in their blood.
- Stress, physical or mental, results in an increase in the level of ‘fighting’ hormones in the body, like adrenalin and cortisone.
- Pregnancy hormones and increased cortisone cause this type of hair growth during pregnancy.
1940s: from elements of its chemical name 17-hydroxy-11-dehydrocorticosterone.
Más definiciones de cortisoneDefinición de cortisone en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.