Definición de cosmology en inglés:
sustantivo (plural cosmologies)[mass noun]
1The science of the origin and development of the universe. Modern cosmology is dominated by the Big Bang theory, which brings together observational astronomy and particle physics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Compared to physics and astronomy, cosmology is a young science.
- We have come to realize, through developments in astronomy and cosmology, that we are still quite near the beginning.
- The big bang theory of cosmology asserts that the universe was once a very small and very hot soup of energetic subatomic particles.
1.1 [count noun] An account or theory of the origin of the universe.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Alternative cosmologies try to account for these perturbations in different ways.
- Many of the physical theories and cosmologies of the Greeks read like rational revisions of the early myths.
- Nonetheless, many powerful lineages managed to retain power through political maneuvers and by maintaining a monopoly on spiritual practices centrally associated in local cosmologies with agriculture and fertility.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Likewise, heliocentricity, while accepted by all but a tiny minority of astronomers and cosmologists, still has its detractors.
- Looking for such a signal is a big goal of cosmologists right now.
- But it is being increasingly discussed by other eminent physicists and cosmologists.
Palabras que riman con cosmologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definición de cosmology en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda