sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- 1A vanilla-scented compound found in many plants, formerly used for flavouring food.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A bicyclic lactone; chemical formula: C9H6O2
- Plants make coumarin from an amino acid, phenylalanine.
- The spectrum of coumarin in uncomplexed DNA is shown as the solid curve.
- In this assay a series of sample mixtures with a fixed protein concentration and increasing coumarin concentrations are injected.
- 1.1 [count noun] Any derivative of coumarin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because of the presence of coumarins in some clover species, including Trifolium pratense, tests of clotting factors in future trials may be prudent.
- Herbal medications that may increase the risk of bleeding if used concurrently with ginkgo include the following: feverfew, garlic, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, and other natural coumarins.
- And sweet clovers aren't the only greens using coumarins.
mid 19th century: from French coumarine, from coumarou, via Portuguese and Spanish from Tupi cumarú 'tonka bean'.
Más definiciones de coumarinDefinición de coumarin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.