Definición de counter-revolution en inglés:
A revolution opposing a former one or reversing its results: the monarch plans to put himself at the head of the enemies of the revolution to attempt a counter-revolution [mass noun]: the threat of successful counter-revolution
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The monarch plans to put himself at the head of the enemies of the revolution to attempt a counter-revolution.
- But as events played out the revolution failed and the counter-revolution soon set in.
- Marx also saw that to be successful the workers' revolution had to be able to defend itself against counter-revolution by capitalist and reactionary forces.
counter-revolutionary adjetivo& sustantivo
- Example sentences
- The Soviet Union was an essentially counter-revolutionary state whose main interventions in the world were to subvert genuine revolutionary movements.
- At the time, the US was covertly backing the contras, the counter-revolutionaries who opposed the Sandinistas.
- Despite their counter-revolutionary stance and terrorist methods, these extremists had no doubt that they had right on their side.
Definición de counter-revolution en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan