Definición de counter-revolution en inglés:
A revolution opposing a former one or reversing its results: the monarch plans to put himself at the head of the enemies of the revolution to attempt a counter-revolution [mass noun]: the threat of successful counter-revolution
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The monarch plans to put himself at the head of the enemies of the revolution to attempt a counter-revolution.
- But as events played out the revolution failed and the counter-revolution soon set in.
- Marx also saw that to be successful the workers' revolution had to be able to defend itself against counter-revolution by capitalist and reactionary forces.
counter-revolutionary adjetivo& sustantivo
- Example sentences
- The Soviet Union was an essentially counter-revolutionary state whose main interventions in the world were to subvert genuine revolutionary movements.
- At the time, the US was covertly backing the contras, the counter-revolutionaries who opposed the Sandinistas.
- Despite their counter-revolutionary stance and terrorist methods, these extremists had no doubt that they had right on their side.
Words that rhyme with counter-revolutionablution, absolution, allocution, attribution, circumlocution, circumvolution, Confucian, constitution, contribution, convolution, destitution, dilution, diminution, distribution, electrocution, elocution, evolution, execution, institution, interlocution, irresolution, Lilliputian, locution, perlocution, persecution, pollution, prosecution, prostitution, restitution, retribution, Rosicrucian, solution, substitution, volution
Definición de counter-revolution en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan