- Relating to or expressing what has not happened or is not the case.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But to generate knowledge independently of experience, a priori warrants must produce warranted true belief in counterfactual situations where experiences are different.
- I also raise some questions concerning conceptual priority, and the issue of whether counterfactual analyses of causation are compatible with the view that causal relations are purely objective.
- Concerning ordinary physical objects, it is easy to imagine counterfactual cases where questions of identity become problematic.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A counterfactual conditional statement (e.g. If kangaroos had no tails, they would topple over).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such a semantics states truth conditions for counterfactuals in terms of relations among possible worlds.
- Recent attempts to analyze causation in terms of probabilistic counterfactuals have become quite intricate; see for example Noordhof.
- The moral to be drawn is that causation may imply that certain counterfactuals hold, but the holding of counterfactuals is not enough to show causation.
Más definiciones de counterfactualDefinición de counterfactual en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.