Something such as heat or an ointment that is used to produce surface irritation of the skin, thereby counteracting underlying pain or discomfort.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Distraction could be provided by rubbing the patient with counterirritants such as stinging nettles.
- It is one of the most commonly used counterirritants for temporary relief of pain.
- Most other pain creams contain counterirritants which bring about a mild to extreme burning sensation which distracts the mind from the pain temporarily.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sterile-water injection causes a burning sensation that is much more painful than saline injection and is thought to relieve labor pain by counterirritation.
- This principle of counterirritation has been recognized for hundreds of years, and it still works.
- Studies done in the 1940s showed that the use of noxious stimuli or counterirritation could produce significant analgesic effects.
Definición de counterirritant en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda