- An attack made in response to one from an enemy, typically on a large scale or for a prolonged period: the operation was bogged down in confusion, allowing the Republicans to mount a counteroffensiveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It would of course be wrong to reject the possibility of mounting a counteroffensive at the initial period of war.
- Should the enemy penetrate the defense, a counteroffensive can be mounted.
- Unlike the Stalingrad counteroffensive, the corps, divisions, regiments and battalions in the main sectors were attacking in two and, sometimes, in three echelons.
Más definiciones de counteroffensiveDefinición de counteroffensive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.