1A person or thing that corresponds to or has the same function as another person or thing in a different place or situation: the minister held talks with his French counterpart
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The clothes the actresses wear are noticeably different from their Western counterparts.
- The aim of the council is to mirror the actions and functions of its adult counterpart and to get the young people interested in politics.
- Does he find teenage girls tend to express their rage differently than their male counterparts?
equivalent, opposite number, peer, equal, parallel, complement, match, twin, mate, fellow, brother, sister, analogue, correlative;
rare compeer, coequal
2 Law One of two copies of a legal document.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The discrepancy between the lease and the counterpart was not noticed at the time.
- The deviation resulted because the counterparts held by me did not include Computer's signatures.
- First s.7 has no counterpart in the Directive and can neither be used to construe it or to judge its effect.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: coun¦ter|part
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda