- The outer wall of a ditch in a fortification.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The entry postern, which ran the width of the counterscarp, opened up into the dry ditch.
- The castle had recently been rebuilt with ramparts and counterscarps, and its capture cost the Spanish thousands of troops.
- The rampart wall was found to be encircled by at least two deep ditches, and possibly three, with counterscarps between tern.
late 16th century: from French contrescarpe, from Italian controscarpa; compare with scarp.
Más definiciones de counterscarpDefinición de counterscarp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.