sustantivo[mass noun] Zoology
Protective coloration used by some animals in which parts normally in shadow are light and those exposed to the sky are dark.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We therefore report two experiments designed to test whether countershading enhances protection by diminishing the probability of detection by predators.
- Because countershading is thought to aid in concealment by reducing shadow in well-lit environments, the hypothesis is partially supported despite no significant associations with other open environments.
- The countershading of their body is a protective camouflage.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Comparisons across all countershaded artiodactyls similarly revealed an association with desert-dwelling.
- This strongly suggests that for these birds at this point in the experiment, countershaded baits really were least readily detected when placed against a color-matching substrate.
- It also explains why the coloration of deep-sea species is essentially uniform rather than countershaded, since bioluminescent searchlights may strike the animal from any angle.
Definición de countershading en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.