Definición de covert en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈkʌvət/ /ˈkəʊvəːt/
Not openly acknowledged or displayed: covert operations against the dictatorship
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It may include dramatic strikes visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success.
- This seems to have been the thinking behind the reported covert operation to eliminate the leader in the mid-1990s.
- It's all about covert operations and leaving as little evidence and traces as possible.
secret, furtive, clandestine, surreptitious, stealthy, cloak-and-dagger, hole-and-corner, hole-in-the-corner, closet, behind-the-scenes, backstairs, back-alley, under-the-table, hugger-mugger, concealed, hidden, private;
Pronunciación: /ˈkʌvət/ /ˈkʌvə/Volver al principio
1A thicket in which game can hide.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I couldn't help but admire the beautifully laid out game crops and newly-planted coverts.
- So hunts moved into direct land management, buying and planting small pieces of rough scrub as coverts.
- Landowners who did not hunt were still expected to plant and maintain gorse coverts.
2 Ornithology A feather covering the base of a main flight or tail feather of a bird.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The flight feathers are black, and the upper tail coverts and rump area are cobalt blue.
- The name of these birds comes from the vivid red coloring of the wing coverts.
- The bird was black above with a white eyebrow and limited white on the wing coverts.
- covertness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It will be an action which would use our strengths, which are intelligence, covertness, the ability to strike quickly and surgically.
- At one time, journalistic ethics did not admit of such covertness.
- ‘This is kind of weird meeting like this,’ I said as I looked around the room referring to the covertness.
Palabras que riman con covertlovat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda