sustantivo (plural coveys)
1A small flock of birds, especially partridge.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead of holding individual territories, both species form coveys, which are flocks of 4-6 fused family groups.
- In two days, I walked past staunch points into approximately 70 coveys of wild birds.
- In non-breeding seasons, Northern Bobwhites congregate in coveys of up to 20 birds.
1.1A small group of people or things: coveys of actors rushed through the rooms
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At least they were on time; he spotted a covey of white uniforms clustered around the guards, signing in.
- President Reagan's lack of interest in the details might be fine fun for the coveys of arms control quails.
- The working stiff is not a white-collar writer rubbing elbows with a covey of billionaires.
Palabras que riman con coveylovey, lovey-dovey, luvvy
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: covey
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda