Definición de cowbird en inglés:
A New World songbird with dark plumage and a relatively short bill, typically laying its eggs in other birds' nests.
- Genus Molothrus (and Scaphidura), family Icteridae: several species, in particular the widespread brown-headed (or common) cowbird (M. ater)
- Instead of our winter visitors that left us for more northern areas, we now have grackles, red-wings and cowbirds.
- This fracturing allows birds of the forest edge, such as cowbirds and blue jays, to parasitize and prey upon the thrushes.
- Cuckoos and cowbirds lay eggs in nests of different species to avoid the costs of brood care.
Definición de cowbird en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan