sustantivo (plural coxae /-siː/)
- 1 Anatomy The hip bone or hip joint.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hip bone or os coxae is not subject to great variation.
- The acetabulum is a hemispherical socket formed in the os coxae of a newborn.
- These are the trochanter, which acts as a swivel joint for the leg, and the coxa, which anchors the leg to the body.
- 2 Entomology The first or basal segment of the leg of an insect.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The leg of the latter has few segments: coxa, basis, and perhaps four endopod segments.
- Burke interpreted the ventral sclerite as being solely comprised of the sternite fused with the coxae.
- I assume that in lichids the coxae were spinose, and that their movements carried food particles forward along the midline.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such particles were further comminuted between the coxal spines and ridges.
- Each coxal bone forms with the fusion of three bones.
- The sacrum, coccyx, and the two coxal bones form the pelvis.
late 17th century: from Latin, 'hip'.
Más definiciones de coxaDefinición de coxa en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.