- 1The person who steers a ship’s boat, racing boat, or other boat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Three heats with the top three boats qualifying for the final left it up to the coxswains to call the race plan.
- As coxswain, I would steer, control the pace, and act as the eyes of the oarsmen, who were facing backward.
- The coxswain is fitted snugly into the bow end of the boat steering and motivating the crew.
- 1.1The helmsman and skipper of a lifeboat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lifeboat coxswain Gary Edwards praised the crew for their heroic work.
- Former lifeboat coxswain Roland Stork was awarded the MBE for his services to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
- The coxswain of the lifeboat said: ‘It started out as a basic tow job, but ended up as a full-scale rescue.’
- 1.2The senior petty officer in a small ship or submarine in the Royal Navy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The senior coxswain was thrilled with the honour that commends his service to the Hampshire community.
- She eventually rose to coxswain in the Auxiliary and taught their coastal navigation courses.
Más definiciones de coxswainDefinición de coxswain en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.