Definición de coyote en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or coyotes)
1A wolf-like wild dog native to North America. Also called brush wolf or prairie wolf in North America.
- Canis latrans, family Canidae
- There are 36 species of Canidae, including dogs, wolves, coyotes, jackals and foxes.
- Other predators are red foxes, coyotes, wolves, bear, mountain lions, lynx, bobcats, eagles, and great horned owls.
- Eagles, rattlesnakes, deer, pronghorn antelope, foxes, coyotes, and mountain lions roam the area.
2North American informal A person who smuggles people from Latin America across the US border, typically for a very high fee.
- Over time I was also able to use non-American friends as coyotes to smuggle refills.
- To get past the border guards, immigrants from Mexico hire smugglers - called coyotes - to guide them through crossing points.
- His only choice was to travel to Tijuana and hire a coyote (immigrant smuggler) to take him across the border.
mid 18th century: from Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl coyotl.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan