1.1 informal A risky or uncertain matter: skiing here can be a bit of a crapshoot at any time
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's all a crapshoot, and no matter what, predictions come out looking forced.
- I've been doing it long enough to know that it's a bit of a crapshoot… you can't take it too seriously.
- The Contemporary World Cinema category is generally a catch-all and a crapshoot.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Similarly, some crapshooters claim to have such accurate throwing arms that they can use ‘precision shooting ‘to impact the results, even though the dice must hit the back wall and its array of rubber pyramids.’
- It is an often used ‘secret’ of professional crapshooters, but is relatively easy to accomplish - if you know how.
- This method is being used by many experienced crapshooters to maximize their winnings and minimize the house's edge.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: crap|shoot
Definición de crapshoot en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda