1Feel a powerful desire for (something): if only she had shown her daughter the love she craved [no object]: Will craved for family life
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Kendall loves it, craves it and can put up with almost anything if there's a chance she's going to experience it.
- Sixty per cent of those polled said they regularly craved certain foods and drinks.
- Of course, there are people out there who like spam, who love and crave it.
long for, yearn for, hunger for, thirst for, dream of, aspire to, set one's heart on, have as one's aim, have as one's goal, seek, be bent on; desire, want, hope for, hanker after, wish for; sigh for, pant for, pine for; lust after, covet
archaic be athirst for, be desirous of
Old English crafian (in the sense 'demand, claim as a right'), of Germanic origin; related to Swedish kräva, Danish kræve 'demand'. The current sense dates from late Middle English.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One minute I was fighting off psychotic gossip cravers and the next thing I knew, I was here sobbing.
- One study found that when chocolate cravers were given milk chocolate, white chocolate or capsules of cocoa powder, their cravings were curbed only by eating the milk chocolate.
- From cheese cravers and milk lovers to yogurt enthusiasts and ice cream fanatics, consumers just can't seem to get enough dairy - with one notable exception.