1A patchwork quilt of a type traditionally made in North America, with patches of randomly varying sizes, shapes, colours, and fabrics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Quilt lovers prize eye-catching quilts such as crazy quilts, log cabins, and Baltimore album quilts.
- Occasionally a cotton crazy quilt is seen, where scraps of fabrics in a myriad of cotton prints are used to cover the quilt top.
- On the floor of the sitting room is a late nineteenth-century hooked rug reminiscent of crazy quilts.
1.1A disorganized collection of things: colonial America was a crazy quilt of laws
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is hamstrung by a crazy quilt patchwork of warring state commissions, sanctioning bodies, and dubious fight contracts.
- It is a philosophical crazy quilt made from the sheets of our ‘wrecked romance with God.’
- District managers, however, are faced with a crazy quilt of funding streams for purposes that match the district's strategic priorities only by happenstance, if at all.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: crazy quilt
Definición de crazy quilt en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda