Definición de creeper en inglés:
1 Botany Any plant that grows along the ground, around another plant, or up a wall by means of extending stems or branches.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yes muntries are little purple berries and they're the fruit of a shrub, a ground creeper, that grows down in eastern South Australia.
- The plant, a creeper of the arum lily family, is a native of Mexico and Guatemala.
- Flowering plants, creepers and hedge shrubs will be planted.
2 [with modifier] Any of a number of small birds that creep around in trees or vegetation:
- ● (brown creeper)North American The American treecreeper (Certhia americana, family Certhiidae). ● (brown creeper)NZ A New Zealand songbird (Mohoua (or Finschia) novaeseelandiae, family Pachycephalidae or Acanthizidae). ● A Philippine songbird (family Rhabdornithidae and genus Rhabdornis: two species). ● A Hawaiian honeycreeper (genus Paroreomyza, family Drepanididae: three species).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One most beautiful and exotic of creepers is cardinal creeper.
- Brown creepers have just taken over the neighborhood, you hear them everywhere you go.
- A flock of brown creepers were on most of the trees.
3North American informal A person, typically a man, whose behaviour towards or interest in someone is regarded as unwelcome and socially inappropriate: I could dance there without a creeper walking up and accosting me
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At first, they just skulked around the windows at the viewing parties and peered in like a bunch of creepers.
- He is a creeper who's dating a teenager, recording everything that takes place in his life and leering through windows.
- Just because he was spying on Olivia via hidden cameras, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's a creeper.
Palabras que riman con creeperArequipa, beeper, bleeper, Dnieper, keeper, leaper, peeper, reaper, sleeper, sweeper, weeper
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda