Definición de creosote en inglés:
1 (also creosote oil) [mass noun] A dark brown oil containing various phenols and other organic compounds, distilled from coal tar and used as a wood preservative.
- The common wood preservatives are creosote, penta-chlorophenol in oil, and copper and sodium napthanates.
- However, the chemical often used to preserve the wood, coal tar creosote, can present some problems.
- Common aromatic compounds other than benzene include toluene, naphthalene, and anthracene, all of which are present in coal tar or creosote.
1.1A colourless, pungent, oily liquid, containing creosol and other compounds, distilled from wood tar and used as an antiseptic.
- The residents fear that the inhalation of creosote fumes, which have an odor like scorched tar, is yet another route of exposure in an already toxic environment.
- The smell is due to creosote deposits in the chimney, a natural byproduct of wood burning.
- Soot and creosote build-up cause foul odors, excessive and carcinogenic smoke and fire danger.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Treat (wood) with creosote: (as adjective creosoted) a creosoted wooden fence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One time her neighbour caught her creosoting her garden fence at five am in the morning.
- The original effect of the thickly creosoted sculptures was partly olfactory; the smell of the shore is more than salt alone.
- ‘I'm going home to creosote the fence,’ replied Shearer.
Definición de creosote en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary