- A thin, loosely twisted, worsted yarn used for tapestry and embroidery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She had been working half-heartedly at the crewel embroidered shawl for some time.
- Most often the handiwork of women in prosperous New England households from about 1720 to 1800, crewel embroidery consists of slackly twisted yams that are stitched onto plain-woven fabrics, usually linen, using a variety of stitches.
- The silk shoes and the crewel panel at the Connecticut Historical Society enlarge the meaning of the bed sheet in the Beinecke.
late 15th century: of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de crewelDefinición de crewel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.