- 1In a servile or sycophantic way: Carfax shrank cringingly to one sideMás ejemplos en oraciones
- "I'm not really sure I offered," she said cringingly, although she was glad she seemed to have been that first girl.
- Carfax shrank cringingly to one side, and Monceux dismounted from his milk-white horse to meet his King.
- 1.1 [usually as submodifier] • informal So as to make one feel embarrassed or disgusted: their early performances were cringingly awkwardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In an emotional scene where Maureen defends her bulimia, Pratt is cringingly bad.
- To make matters worse, Mancuso was cringingly under-rehearsed on opening night, stopping the performance on at least seven counts to consult his script.
- Time and again they chose unsuspecting members of an audience and embroiled them in wacky games or ludicrous, sometimes cringingly embarrassing, situations.
Más definiciones de cringinglyDefinición de cringingly en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.