A small African warbler with a very short tail, and grey or green upper parts with rufous or white underparts.
- Genus Sylvietta, family Sylviidae: several species, in particular the (northern) crombec (S. brachyura)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The four species of longbills are mostly forest birds with longer bills and tails than crombecs, and mostly very drab in plumage.
- New birds will come thick and fast - woodpeckers, kingfishers, barbets, tinkerbirds, widows, cisticolas, apalis and prinias, crombecs, various sparrows and canaries.
- This tour saw all of the possible weavers and crombecs of Kenya.
early 20th century: from French, from Dutch krom 'crooked' + bek 'beak'.
Definición de crombec en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.