(In the House of Lords and some other legislatures) a bench occupied by members who are independent of any political party: [as modifier]: a cross-bench political outlook
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Last week Boyd was named among those being elevated to the House of Lords, where he will sit as a cross-bench member, despite his Labour affiliations.
- The cross-bench peer had tabled a written question before Parliament was dissolved for the election after one of his constituents raised concerns.
- The fact that government used the guillotine during the committee stage certainly did not contribute to any intelligent cross-bench discussion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Party groupings, the cross-benchers and individual members will be able to bid for the use of these rooms for official parliamentary or charity events.
- He had been encouraged by the Lords' reaction and by the number of Labour peers and cross-benchers who had spoken in favour of legislation before a ban.
- Nearly half of the peers took the Conservative whip and around 30 per cent were cross-benchers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda