- 1Across fields or countryside, as opposed to on roads or tracks: cross-country walkingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The day began with a short communion service followed by breakfast and a walk down the cross-country bridleway.
- Armies made some use of lorries and staff cars, but practical cross-country vehicles, good roads and an associated infrastructure simply did not exist.
- The first cousin to the tank: an armed and armoured, wheeled military vehicle, with a good road and limited cross-country ability.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting skiing over relatively flat countryside, as opposed to down mountain slopes: a cross-country skierMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You don't need a mountain for cross-country skiing, just a snow covered area.
- We'll stay in Oslo for a few days and then head up to a cabin in the mountains to try cross-country skiing.
- Getting out onto a well-lit ski trail is one of the most pleasurable additions to cross-country skiing in recent years.
- 2Not keeping to main or direct roads, routes, or railway lines: an awkward, cross-country journey by train [as adverb]: we drove cross-country to a family reunionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is also an attractive cross-country route to the hall.
- He travelled on the motorway rather than taking a cross-country route.
- We follow a cross-country route east, exploring a rarely visited section of the refuge.
- 2.1chiefly US Travelling to many different parts of a country: a whirlwind cross-country tourMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This will give me the perfect excuse to do my cross-country travelling.
- He will be going on a cross-country tour.
- Today, they embarked on a cross-country tour called ‘Believe In America.’
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- The sport of cross-country running, riding, skiing, or motoring: skiing in the Rockies is a pleasant mix of downhill and cross-countryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The students have an aptitude for all sporting activities including athletics, football, basketball and cross-country.
- There's downhill, slalom, cross-country and so forth.
- This event, unusually, also included two outdoor events javelin and cross-country.
Más definiciones de cross-countryDefinición de cross-country en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.