Definición de crossbow en inglés:
A medieval bow of a kind that is fixed across a wooden support and has a groove for the bolt and a mechanism for drawing and releasing the string.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The movie features many different races using many different types of longbows and crossbows in warfare.
- They used the cars for cover, effectively avoiding the badly-aimed wooden bolts of crossbows.
- It houses thousands of weapons, including guns and ammunition, knives, knuckledusters, coshes, crossbows and swords.
- crossbowman sustantivo (plural crossbowmen)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He quickly formed his army up to meet an attack, but his crossbowmen were still on the other side of the river.
- The crusaders consisted mainly of knights and some crossbowmen.
- Dozens of sentries and crossbowmen kept watch on the battlements, and mounted cavalry patrolled the keep walls and the surrounding area.
Definición de crossbow en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda