(also crossword puzzle)
- A puzzle consisting of a grid of squares and blanks into which words crossing vertically and horizontally are written according to clues: she settled down to do the crosswordMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Work your mind with brain-teasers, jigsaw puzzles, crosswords or quiz books.
- They dig for juicy details as adroitly as they do the crossword and jigsaw puzzles that they plug away at.
- The events, such as word games and crosswords will be organised by resource persons throughout the day.
said to have been invented by the journalist Arthur Wynne, whose puzzle (called a ‘word-cross’) appeared in a Sunday newspaper, the New York World, on 21 December 1913.
Más definiciones de crosswordDefinición de crossword en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.