Definición de crown gall en inglés:
1A bacterial disease of plants, especially fruit bushes and trees, which is characterized by large tumour-like galls on the roots and lower trunk.
- Cane blight and bacterial crown gall are two important pathogens of brambles that enter the plant almost exclusively through wounds.
- Other diseases include rust, crown gall, anthracnose and petal blight.
- It seems to be particularly effective in treating crown gall, a bacterial disease which can weaken or even girdle vines.
1.1 [count noun] A large tumour-like gall caused by crown gall disease.
- The plant pathogenic bacterium Agrobacterium tumefaciens induces tumours, called crown galls, on plants.
- Most crown galls are caused by the bacteria, but be aware that other things can look like them.
- Cane galls and crown galls can vary in size and are usually white or gray and brown.
Definición de crown gall en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan