Definición de crumpet en inglés:
1A thick, flat, savoury cake with a soft, porous texture, made from a yeast mixture cooked on a griddle and eaten toasted and buttered.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Enjoy beautifully prepared cakes and pastries, or a full afternoon tea with sandwiches, toasted buttered crumpets and scones, while you are transported back in time.
- At home my father tears open a packet of crumpets and toasts them on the Aga.
- Staffordshire oatcakes are thicker and round, more like a thin crumpet or modern pikelet, and are fried with bacon for breakfast.
2 [mass noun] British informal People, especially women, regarded as objects of sexual desire: fat chance of our running into any crumpet [in singular]: he’s the thinking woman’s crumpet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But he's not just the witty boulevardier whose model looks have made him the thinking female student's crumpet for years.
- Steady on, the reason we men liked her was because she was a tremendously attractive and sexy piece of crumpet…
- But the shave was the best I have ever had, beating these triple bladed, turbocharged bits of plastic which masquerade as razors, and according to the adverts, guarantee you get laid by some really classy crumpet.
late 17th century: of unknown origin. sense 2 dates from the 1930s.
Definición de crumpet en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia