1A long stick with a crosspiece at the top, used as a support under the armpit by a lame person.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's difficult to understand why so many crutches, white sticks and wheelchairs remain unclaimed.
- The workers here carry walking sticks, use crutches, or get around in wheelchairs.
- There were people in wheel chairs, people with walking sticks and crutches and people with guide dogs.
1.1 [in singular] A thing used for support or reassurance: they use the Internet as a crutch for their loneliness
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I look at my spiritual practice as a way to engage and learn from life, not simply a crutch to help make it through.
- I see anti-depressants as a crutch which will help me to get better, not the thing that will make me better.
- You touch on it briefly in your post but I think it is important to take note that there is a difference between protecting yourself and creating a crutch to avoid dealing with difficulties.
Palabras que riman con crutchclutch, Dutch, hutch, inasmuch, insomuch, much, mutch, scutch, such, thrutch, touch
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: crutch
Definición de crutch en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda