Definición de cryopreserve en inglés:
verbo[with object] Biology & Medicine
Preserve (cells or tissues) by cooling them below the freezing point of water: several major problems hinder attempts to cryopreserve large mammalian organs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This stage is usually considered to be a characteristic of fresh, or cryopreserved tissues, because other processing methods (fresh-frozen or freeze-dried) are considered to have already caused cell death in donor tissues.
- Tissue was cryopreserved as soon as possible after surgical excision and stored in liquid nitrogen vapor.
- One technique to potentially preserve fertility is to freeze, or cryopreserve, ovarian tissue for later transplantation, which has now been carried out in about 10 women.
- Example sentences
- To date, the only publicised attempt at human ovarian autotransplantation after cryopreservation was unsuccessful because folliculogenesis returned only for a short time.
- These activities include development of new and lower cost methods for cryopreservation, new methods for testing for pathogens, and new methods for ‘cloning’ rats by nuclear transfer techniques.
- Men who are about to start chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease are usually offered semen cryopreservation.
Definición de cryopreserve en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary