- A substance that prevents the freezing of tissues, or prevents damage to cells during freezing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemicals called cryoprotectants reduce ice formation but have toxic effects that introduce their own problems.
- It is currently believed that effective cryoprotectants for proteins or enzymes in solution are excluded from the immediate vicinity of these biological molecules.
- Diplolepis overwinter in a prepupal stage; they are freezing-intolerant and develop cryoprotectants that lower their supercooling points.
Más definiciones de cryoprotectantDefinición de cryoprotectant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.