sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- A physiological state in which metabolic activity is reduced to an undetectable level without disappearing altogether. It is known in certain plant and animal groups adapted to survive periods of extremely dry conditions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This phenomenon, named cryptobiosis, involves a reversible suspension of the metabolism and an effective isolation from the environmental changes.
- Bdelloids are known for their remarkable ability to survive drying through a process known as cryptobiosis.
- The ability of tardigrades to undergo cryptobiosis has long intrigued scientists.
Más definiciones de cryptobiosisDefinición de cryptobiosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.